The tenth edition of the Potiguar School of Computing and its Applications (EPOCA 2017) will have a significant presence of the Smart Metropolis Project. Five papers resulting from work developed at the Project were accepted for presentation at the event, to be held in Natal, RN, Brazil, from October 23 to 25, 2017:
- Um Sistema para Gerenciamento Automático e Eficiência Energética em Prédios Inteligentes, authored by Bárbara Soares, Jorge Pereira, Gustavo Alves, Maila Alves, Marcus Maia, Everton Cavalcante, and Thais Batista;
- GEBEM – Um Componente FIWARE para Gerenciamento de Energia em Prédios Inteligentes, authored by Pedro Victor Silva, Jorge Silva, Thais Batista, and Everton Cavalcante;
- Sistema Baseado em Reconhecimento Automático de Placas para Monitoramento de Veículos e Caracterização de Frequentadores em Estabelecimentos, authored by Vinícius C. T. Ribeiro, Vitor R. Greati, and Ivanovitch M. D. da Silva;
- FIoT-Client: Using FIWARE IoT and Context Services Easily, authored by Lucas Cristiano C. Dantas and Carlos Eduardo da Silva; and
- Proposta de Interface Gráfica Web para Gerenciamento de Usuários na Plataforma Fiware, authored by Gabriela Cavalcante da Silva, Irene Ginani Costa Pinheiro, and Carlos Eduardo da Silva.
The Potiguar School of Computing and its Applications is a regional event annually realized by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC) through its Regional Secretariat at Rio Grande do Norte mainly aiming at establishing a bridge between concepts and practice in Computing, promoting interaction and approximation among students, professors, researchers, and professionals in Rio Grande do Norte. Moreover, the event seeks to publicize the regional scientific, technological, and innovation production in Computing, as well as to provide a fertile environment to the prospection of possible partnerships and collaborations. The 2017 Edition will have the Internet of Things as main subject and the event’s webpage is available at http://www.dimap.ufrn.br/epoca2017/.
All Smart Metropolis team congratulates the authors for the work and achieved publication.